Information is the oil of the 21st century & analytics is the combustion engine
Currently working with FedEx Services as a Solutions & Sales Analyst intern. Pursuing MS in Information Technology and Management (a.k.a MIS) at the University of Texas at Dallas with concentration in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
I have always been very enthusiastic about problem solving and coming up with innovative and optimized solutions. This led me to pursue Bachelors in Computer Engineering where I further explored my interest in the field of data management.
The idea of how technology today is able to collaborate with business firms to make informed business decisions really excites me. A firm believer in synergy of processes, people and technology for business success.
- Analyzed the sales data workflow and assisted in managing the SDLC process for change management
- Collaborated with sales compensation design team to facilitate planning and modeling of sales plan for the fiscal year
- Provided recommendations to ensure quality driven management and reported 12% junk processes to be eliminated
- Assisted in audit planning, risk assessment and visualized reports in tableau for sales reporting and approval
Conducted workshops on MS Excel, MS Access and MS SQL Server to build a community of tech-savvy students Developed quarterly student performance monitoring reports for Microsoft on SQL Server Reporting Services platform Pioneered the cause of women taking leadership roles in the field of technology by organizing various campaigns throughout the state. This was an important initiative especially being part of an all girls institute : to spread awareness about the powerful role a woman leader can play in the technological fields
- My blog discussing impact of Microsoft products: Microsoft-Sanjhal
Assisted in business development planning by evaluating budget requirements leading to increase in profit margin by 15% Exhibited competitive analytical skills by designing detailed reports in Excel to drive effective process improvement Developed marketing and promotion strategies which helped increasing team participation by 60%
The motivation behind starting 'Technical and Technology' organization was to increase awareness about technology among students. It also helped students across different engineering disciplines to come together and share their thoughts and experiences on technology. Organized technical contests like quiz competitions, technical paper presentation seminars and networking mixers
- Recruited officers at different positions for the functioning of the organization
- Promoted team building activities by organizing events like 'Your Business Model' where people from various academic disciplines shared their ideas which culminated in a presentation